Welcome to the new Rock Legends Cruise discussion forum. We heard a lot of folks wanted a better place to chat, so we created one. You can use Facebook, Google, and Twitter accounts to login and post your thoughts and questions.
What bands do you want for 2019?
  • Steve Miller
    Peter Wolf (former J. Geils front man)
    Chicago
  • Ya know, after looking into what Steve and Chicago typically charge  . . . never mind.  More money for NAHA would be better.    :D
  • We saw Martin Barre of jethro Tull last night. Show was awesome. Tull fans can't miss his band. Came out with minstrel in the gallery some Beatles some blues reasonable ticket price in a small venue. Would be good fit for the cruise
  • Dennis DeYoung, Tom Cochrane, Bruce Hornsby, Jefferson Starship, any individual artist from Fleetwood Mac, Meatloaf , Del Amitri and Peter Wolf would be great new additions.

For repeats- Paul Rodgers, 38- Special, Don Felder, Foreigner, Kansas, Randy Bachman, Rik Emmett , CCR and the Doobies.
  • Government Mule or Warren Haynes; Ana Popovic; Marcus King Band; Colin Hay; Larry Carlton; Kenny Wayne Shepherd
  • Kansas,Styx,Steve Winwood,Toto,Bruce Hornsby,Graham Nash,Timothy B. Schmit,Yusuf Islam(AKA Cat Stevens)
  • Cheap Trick, J. Walsh, Boston. Repeats, Alice Cooper, randy Bachman, CCR, The Weight, Doobies and always Artimus and Pat Travers. Really miss Marshal Tucker.
  • Any of these would be a great headliner:
    Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Deep Purple, Bob Seger, Steve Miller, Heart, Boston, Blondie, J.Geils Band.

Plus: Randy Bachman, Dave Edmunds, The Sweet, Southside Johnny & the Asbury Jukes, Billy Squier, Golden Earring, Marshall Crenshaw, Denny Laine (from Wings), Eddie Money, Tom Cochrane, Martin Barre (from Jethro Tull), The Kings, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Black Country Communion (Supergroup of Glenn Hughes, Joe Bonamassa, Jason Bonham, & Derek Sherinian).

And as a hopefully inexpensive add on: Paul Stanley's son Evan  is the lead singer of The Dives. They open for the B52's and would be a good fit.

And I might be in the minority on this, but I loved Brad Williams on IV and would love to see a comedian(s) as a host(s).
  • Totally agree with your suggested repeats mld... Paul Rodgers, 38- Special, Don Felder, Foreigner, Kansas, Randy Bachman, Rik Emmett , CCR and the Doobies. Would love to see these Canadian artists too... Bryan Adams, Honeymoon Suite, Tom Cochrane, Loverboy, Burton Cummings, Trooper.
  • Uriah Heep, Creedence, Don Felder, Doobie Bros, America, Paul McCartney 
  • Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats - "I Need Never Get Old" should be the slogan for these cruises!
  • Some fresh (possibly affordable) bands for RLC 7: Eric Burdon and the Animals, Peter Wolf, Boston, Y&T, Tesla, Billy Squier, UFO, Mother's Finest, Shooting Star, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Head East, Anvil, The Schwag, Goddo !!!!
  • Since I've missed the first 4 cruises, I'd like to see some of the ones I missed as well as some new ones... i.e., Kansas, ZZ Top, Foghat, Alice Cooper, GFR, Ace Frehley, America, Foreigner, .38 Special,

As for some fresh acts, (some choices taken from above posts) UFO, Shooting Star, Bryan Adams, Golden Earring, Deep Purple, Styx, Boston, Randy Bachman, & while I saw Don Felder on RLC V, I'd welcome him on any future cruise!  I'll add more as I think of them... Love this!!

• Two more: Allan Parsons Project & Badfinger 
  • John Mellencamp Night ranger ,Robbie Krieger ,B52s , Diamondhead, Robert Plant and repeats Alice cooper ,foreigner and Dave mason and the Outlaws
  • Newbies - Cheap Trick, Ann Wilson of Heart, Joe Walsh, Joan Jett, Jackson Browne and Robin Trower are my top choices of never been artist.

Returnees - Alice Cooper, Doobie Brothers, Savoy Brown and Randy Bachman.
  • steve miller, boston, styz, and omg 38 special
  • Keith Richards’ E-Pensive Winos.
  • Jackson Brown with David Lindley ... or just Lindley. St. Vincent
  • I would like to see Kim Simmonds & Savoy Brown back. Also Whiskey Myers New groups request would be Tommy James & The Shondels, Golden Earring, Donovan and Styx. I would really also love to have MTB back ! It won;t be the same without them !

• Returning: April Wine, Blue Oyster Cult, Foreigner, Steppenwolf, Pat Benatar, Randy Bachman,
    Doobie Brothers

New: Scorpions, Def Leppard, Greg Kihn, Scandal, Eric Burden, Aerosmith, Deep Purple, Styx,
    Blondie, Cheap Trick. Boston, Heart, UFO, Jefferson Starship, Chicago, Meatloaf, B52's, 
    Santana, Journey, Malo, Golden Earring, Van Halen, Michael Stanley, Blood Sweat and Tears, 
    Asia, Motels, Pretenders, Nils Lofgren, Al Stewart, Turtles, Dokken, Ambrosia
  • Tommy James and the Shondells. STYX, REO Speedwagon, Don Felder, Foreigner. Three Dog Night.
  • Donovan, Hell yeah
  • I 'll throw this in there for deep purple fans. How bout whitesnake? David Coverdale recorded with whitesnake "the purple album" which they redid the the best of his days with deep purple. Plus throw in the best of whitesnake. Saw them in a small venue. Could be a good fit for the cruise. Came out with "burn" when I saw them. Great song that doesn't get a lot of airplay

• Ten Years After and Wishbone Ash please.
  • Ian Hunter, Ozzy, Alice cooper again
  • Okay, now that I'm booked on VII, I can now voice my opinions for a lineup.  All of these bands are touring in 2018 so they are on the radar.  For a headliner, Bob Seger.  He's never played RLC and I suspect that he's affordable as a headliner.  Other possible headliners include Deep Purple, 38 Special, Styx, Gov't Mule, Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Jethro Tull, REO and Three Dog Night.  

On the undercard, I suggest Jonny Lang, Brit Floyd, Get the Led Out, Eddie Money, Roger McGuinn, Christopher Cross, Carolyn Wonderland, Blue Oyster Cult, Black Stone Cherry and Black Star Riders.

C'mon Pam, give us some news of a headliner or two.
  • Keith!!!!!  Welcome back friend.  How's Mr. Chappo doing?  Are you still rooming together?  lol
  • Hi, Judy!  I'm happy to be booked for VII.  Mr. Chappo and I haven't had any recreation time in over a year.  Communications are very difficult in our "apartment."  One of the very nice custodians brought us a laptop and a cell phone for only $250,000.00 so now we'll be able to communicate again.  I'm not sure exactly how we'll get "time off" for RLC VII but some insiders say that we'll be able to if we can raise enough money for their "gratuity."  See you soon.
  • Santana, Marshall Tucker, another vote for Johnny Lang, and Kenny Wayne Shepard would really rock! Stephen Stills.
  •  Great to hear from Keith again.

The Marcus King Band has been on my player a lot lately.  Would be a good undercard choice.  Paul Carrack would be great if he could be talked into crossing the pond from England.  For the Canucks, the Jim Cuddy Band would be a great addition.
  • Cold Blood, lydia pense said they would love to do the cruise, i explained its for NAHA
  • GTOkids, the cruise may be for NAHA but its a payday for the artists. . .  and they deserve it, too.

• Geez, now that I'm booked for VII, I'm kinda wanting some more artist announcements, especially the headliners.
  • me too!! I hate this part....I'm like you all, impatiently tap, tap, tapping my foot while artists hear "it's that girl with the ship again!" 
  • Lol. Good one Pam. Love the girl with the big ship.
  • Pam, appeal to their benevolence.  Make them hear, "it's that girl with NAHA again.  Yes, NAHA, that wonderful charitable organization that helps Native Americans overcome their hardSHIPS."  And, yes, the artists can help them overcome their hardSHIPS by spending a few days on a ship with their die-hardest fans and with some sun and suds.  How better to help humanity?  (PS:  See my list above)
  • woo ...wow...you can do it Pam!!! Cant wait to hear what you got!  See you in a month OMG its going to be epic. Sooooo excited to see my Sammy

• SCORPIONS
  • Randy Bachman, The Band , Alice Cooper,, Doobies, America, dee snieder, gypsy queen, Supertramp, cheap trick. The Romantics, Goo Goo Dolls, Heart, Joan Jett. I’ll think of more. For sure.
  • Still pulling for Head East, Rocky Athas, Dennis DeYoung, and Boston would be Awesome!!!
  • I'm getting itchy for some headliners to be announced . . c'mon Pam . . . give us something to celebrate.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion